What is a managed forest? It depends who you ask and how you interpret your forest.
Forest management is an active approach to woodlot management and long-term sustainability. There are a variety of different activities that can be strategically implemented to achieved a desired objective.
Common landowner benefits include:
- Improving forest health and value
- Increasing forest and ecosystem diversity
- Building resiliency to help forests withstand a future uncertain climate and increasing invasive species pressures
- Enhancing wildlife habitat features
- Generating sustainable revenue in the process.
Put simply, forest management can be described as tending your garden, but in the long-term. The goal of forest management is to identify your objective and implement a management strategy that will help you as the landowner realize that initial goal.
To learn more, please contact us.